Load testing is important and can be effective, but in some ways, it is flawed. Many things could go wrong when carrying out this procedure on your system.
Some common mistakes made during load testing include:
- Non-validated test results
- Skipped processes – for instance, into multi-user testing
- Low duration run time
- Incomprehensive data
- Irregular base-lining configurations
- Inability to differentiate subsequent users
- Taking network bandwidth simulation as inconsequential
- Carrying out the test in a subpar production environment.
This glossary entry is part of the LoadForge Glossary
. LoadForge provides load testing and stress tests for websites, APIs, databases and webservers.
Sign up today
to start testing.